Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 3 - OJ Day!

So today is day 3 - Orange Juice day. It's supposed to be 2 liters of OJ mixed with two tablespoons maple syrup. Last night I cracked open the $14 of maple syrup to mix my drink for the morning and I have to say, that maple syrup was the best I have ever tasted. It could be because I haven't eaten food for two days lol but I have to say licking the spoon was a great treat and the funny thing is, you can't taste the maple syrup in the OJ, maybe because its only 2tbl to 2 liters of juice. I wouldn't spend $14 on syrup to poor over pancakes but...it's pretty damn good syrup.
Anyways, last night was pretty good. My headache was still there. I got home to make broth and looked at the ingredients of bullion. I can't even pronounce the first ingredient! New rule. If you can't pronounce the first ingredient, don't eat it lol. Luckily, I had bought a box of Rachel Ray's chicken stock to cook meals with and heated that up instead. It was great! Well, great considering I've been craving substance and I felt like I finally felt it in the broth. Something other than fruit! Plus it only contained 4 ingredients and it was all natural without preservatives so I felt like I had made a much better choice than the bullion...that tided me over for last night and with the help of a couple bottles of water I felt fine.
I do have to admit I almost cheated. West decided that for dinner it would be great to make a plate full of tater tots. TATER TOTS! He knows potatoes are like my favorite thing in the whole world and he's sitting there eating them right in front of me. There was almost a domestic dispute...but instead I drank my broth and just thought about my plot to kill him. I have noticed that without my tactful meal planning, or me there to eat with him, his meal choices haven't been all that grand. He had tater tots last night, and the night before a tortilla and cheese. I keep hinting to him that there's stuff in the freezer to cook like chicken, fish, even hamburgers but he's being lazy.
Overall I am pretty proud of my progress. I've stuck to it for 3 days straight and lost another 1.2lbs. At the end of today, it will be 2 whole days without solid foods. It's starting to amaze me the nutrients our bodies need to function compared to the amount of food we eat. Not saying that this is all the nutrients your body needs, because I'm sure it isn't, but I do see that the portions I'm eating are waaay too big to sustain life lol I need to remember we eat to live not live to eat (although I think I might sell my soul for a bowl of pasta here soon). I'm not really craving food phsyically, I think its more of a mind over matter sitatution. I'm in the habit of eating 3 meals a day, and in the habit of centering get togethers and events around meals. It's not that I'm hungry, or that I'm craving something but mention to me a food and damn does it SOUND good...make sense at all?
I'm feeling ok. My headache went away and I'm not tired at all. I haven't felt any signs of lightheadedness or feeling dizzy. I feel normal with the addition of about 100 bathroom trips everyday due to the amount of water I'm drinking ;) allergies are still the same though. I woke up this morning all congested so yesterday must have been a fluke. I still have somewhat of a sore throat and a little heartburn from all the acidic OJ but its forcing me to drink more water to calm that, so I guess its a good thing.
Tomorrow is my first official "detox" day. These other days have just been an easing in of sorts. I'm hoping that it goes as smoothly as today has been, that I like the taste of the "lemonade" and I can complete my first SWF (salt water flush). That's mainly what I'm worried about. For starters I've heard that downing a liter of salt water at room temperature can cause you to vomit on the spot lol so to prepare, I've bought this lax tea just in case I can't handle the SWF but I've read that that tea causes severe stomach cramps and who wants that? Gag on a little salt water or deal with cramping? Hmmm....we shall find out!

2 comments:

  1. Stomach cramps? Noooo! But what's worse? Stomach cramps or throwing up? Either way, somethings gonna hurt.

    ReplyDelete