So it's day 7 of my detox and I'm more than half way done! It's 3 more days of lemonade and then I wean back off! Yay! I found myself less hungry today. How can I tell? I didn't drink as much water as I usually do, which means I had less hunger pains than the previous week. For a really weird reason, I'm craving sushi. I like sushi and all, but I never crave it. It's not something I pick out when we choose where to eat, but when others pick it out, I pig out and love the stuff. The only catch is that once, I got really sick trying to mix carb blockers, an already upset stomach, and sushi, only to be in the bathroom half the night. Now the smell of wasabi or vinegar in rice makes my stomach turn...so hence the reason it's weird I'm craving sushi.
When I got in to work this morning, my co-workers couldn't wait to ask me if I made it through the weekend. They were surprised to find out I indeed had made it through two days off, at home, with no supervision and managed only to cheat a little with a sip of Miso broth. In fact, I surprise myself! lol It was a big challenge but I think at this point, it is the fear that if I do break it, and decide to pig out on cheeseburges, fries, sushi, things I'm craving, I will be soooo sick to my stomach that I will regret it even more than the fact I cheated. I hate being stomach sick and I would rather just go through with it and wean off the proper way, so when I do have the things I crave, I'm not immediately throwing them up!
My hunger cravings really have gone away. I still think of food, don't get me wrong, but its not because I'm hungry, it's habit I think. I have a habit of planning dinner on my car drive home, a habit of planning out my grocery list, a habit of wanting to turn to food everytime there's a problem.
Problems....food might not solve them in the long run but boy is it nice to comfort your emotions with a big bowl of mashed potatoes lol. I was tempted today, let me tell you. West found out he didn't get the job in Vegas he was hoping for which might change our whole gameplan. That is enough to make me want to dive in to a bag of popcorn or at the very least eat an entire pot of bullion lol but we'll make it through and it will be a good lesson on dealing with emotions without food.
Overall, at the halfway point I'm feeling proud I made it this far and I really do feel a sense of cleanliness. I have lost a total of 9lbs so far, my teeth are whiter, my nails are growing like crazy, my skin is clearing up and I seem to have a whole new appreciation for food and the way I look at it. Plus I think my stomach has shrunken so I won't be able to consume the amount of food I did before etc. I think it has been beneficial and not as hard as I thought it would be. The key would have to be making sure your stomach is always full of water or lemonade. That really helps!
Bring on the next 6 days!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment