Monday, July 6, 2009

Shopping for the detox

So! I just got back from shopping for the detox diet and well...I'm a little taken a back (sp?!) lol I kid you not I spent almost $100 for all the groceries needed for this detox because the maple syrup was $14 a bottle! A BOTTLE! Dude. Seriously? AND I had to go to three stores. At Costco, I spent $35 on a bowl of fresh cut fruit (ok so maybe buying my own fruit and cutting it myself would have been cheaper), 3 5lb bags of lemons, and some organic pure orange juice. At Trader Joes I spent $40 on organic fruit & veggie juice (for day 2) and 2 bottles of maple syrup @ 14 a piece! Then I couldn't find the special tea at TJ's so I went to Walmart where I spent another $10 on a veggie tray and tea. I'm planning on using the salt water for the flush but I bought the tea in case I just couldn't stomach the salt water.

So now while Venice and Kaydance are over playing Little Big Planet and Alexis and West are doing a puzzle, I'm going to separate my fruit into bags for work. Then before bed I'll take some measurements and get all ready for Day 1! Day 1 consists of nothing but water, raw fruit and raw veggies. I bought a fruit bowl that has pineapple, melons, and berries in it plus a small veggie snacker that has celery, broccoli carrots and baby tomatoes in them. I'm not a big raw veggie eater but I sure do love cold fruit! Tomorrow shouldn't be sooo hard. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment