Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 2 - Juice day!

After I blogged last night, we made last minute plans with our friends Amanda and Shelby to go see Public Emenies, the new Johnny Depp movie. I was hesitating, not because I didn't want to see the movie but more because nothing sounded better than a large popcorn with extra butter and extra extra salt. Mmmm just typing about it makes my mouth water. I decided to go anyways and took a fruit smoothie from Trader Joe's with me to quench my need to snack. When we got to the theater I just went straight into the movie. It was wierd not to stop by the concession stand first and get treats. It felt empty sitting there with my little bottle of juice lol but I did it! It was easier than I thought being that I was so waterlogged from eating so much fruit, and then a smoothie on top of it.
As for today, I got on the scale and lost 2.6lbs! Very exciting. I also noticed my allergies are a little better today. It could just be a coincidence, maybe a low pollen count day, but I definitely noticed I wasn't attached to the tissue box like I usually am. I did wake up witha headache and took two IBprofen. I still feel a hint of a headache all day today but nothing horrible. I'm sure its just from lack of caffeinne or something. I drank the rest of my smoothie from last night for breakfast and then through the day I've been drinking a Mango smoothie and tons of water. I was actually really thirsty when I woke up this morning and drank 2 bottles of water before 10am. Very unusual for me! I am noticing the acid from the fruit and fruit juices is starting to get to me so with every drink of juice I've been drinking water to wash it down. My aunt had warned me that when she did this, all the acid made her teeth super sensitive. My issue is more my tongue and the back of my throat...and even a little heartburn. My tongue feels like it's getting those little white bumps on it, infected tastebuds or whatever and my throat is sore, maybe from drinking more than usual?
Speaking of fruit, I am beginning to get sick and tired of the stuff. I'm not a huge veggie eater so these last two days have been mostly fruit based with a few baby carrots here and there. I was craving protein so bad that at lunch I had to have a bowl of broth. Wednesday is veggie soup day here at work and I drank a coffee cup full of just the broth. The detox instructions say that a bowl of broth on the juice day is fine but they encourage you to make your own or buy organic no preservative etc. broth. Yeah....I didn't do that ;) My feeling is that this 3 day "Ease in" is merely just to prepare your body (and mind) for living on a liquid diet...weaning yourself off of solid foods so if this broth has a little MSG or a high sodium count or whatever, it is what it is. Better than binging! In fact tonight, for dinner, I'm going to make another bowl of broth from some bullion cubes I have at home. Not ideal for all you vegans out there but its my special treat for making it through day 2!
Other than the craving of the protein thing , I haven't really had any major side effects or problems. I've been keeping myself pretty full of liquids and haven't had those major hunger pains or stomach pains from yesterday. I have noticed I'm cold more often but that's probably just from drinking cold water and fruit.

Ok! On to day 3...OJ day...

No comments:

Post a Comment