So it's day 1. I woke up this morning and was all excited to start this thing! Last night I measured myself and this morning I stepped on the scale. Yuck! It's the heaviest I've been since I can remember. We'll get to that later.
So last night I bagged up my fruit and veggies. I took to work 2 big bags of fruit and a bag of veggies, leaving behind the same amount in my fridge. For breakfast I ate a bag of fruit and then at lunch I stole a banana and apple, some corn (is that a veggie? Might be a starch?), cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes from our employee cafeteria. All I could think of was damn I wish I had some Ranch dressing lol BUT I have to say I haven't been hungry all day long...if anything, I feel water logged, like the bottles of water I'm drinking mixed with the fruit I've been eating just has so much liquid! I was fine until about 4pm when I started to get a few stomach pains. I think my body is just allergic to anything healthy ;) Actually, I think i ate way too much acidic fruit...pineapple, cantaloupe, kiwi, mango....all really high in acid and I don't think my stomach likes that too much. On the way home I ate my bag of veggies and that seemes to calm it a bit. Since I've been home I've just been drinking lots of water. I've got all that fruit and stuff in the fridge and I don't even want it now.
What I do want is a giant juicy steak...or a cheeseburger, or practically anything in it with protein. I talked to my friend Alexis who is doing this with me and she's have the same cravings. Maybe the sugar in the fruit causes it? West reheated our Beijing Palace chinese food from last night and I had to leave the room before I attacked him for the chicken ;) but overall it hasn't been a bad experience yet. I was expecting to start the caffiene headache and nothing yet...just a few stomach pains and I'm having to choke down the texture of fruit lol but other than that so far so good! I read that if the protein cravings keep up tomorrow, I can have a bowl of chicken broth as long as I either make it from veggies myself or I find a pure veggie/chicken type stock in the store without preservatives and gunk in it. We'll see.
For tomorrow, the fruit/veggie juice day, I bought a few bottles of organic juice. One is a strawberry smoothie that I'm going to have for breakfast, then the other is a Mango type fruit juice and the third is a green type drink thats supposed to taste fruity but have veggie juice in it. Just looks like a whole lot of wheatgrass to me....
As for the weight thing I pondered whether I really wanted to post my weight and measurements for the world to see. In one aspect it's pretty freakin embarassing I let myself get to the weight I'm at and I don't think I look like the number on the scale but on the other hand numbers show progress and how is anyone supposed to learn from my blog if there isn't hard evidencial (sp? even a word?) numbers to support it...and I'd like to think I'll never see that number on the scale again so what am I so worried about? 217. Blam. There it is. Sucks but then again that's part of the reason I'm doing this...to get healthy and get motivated. The only place I can go from here is down!
So here's to surviving day 1! On to day 2!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment