Monday, July 6, 2009

The Lemonade Detox Challenge

Ok, so I'm new to this whole blogging thing on here but we're going to give it a try. So...the reason for my blog? I'm starting a challenge...partly because I want to become healthy but also because my boyfriend West, thinks I can't do it...and I don't blame him. Have you ever seen me when I'm hungry? It's not a pretty sight, in fact its quite brutal on anyone around me...I basically become the biggest bitch in the world until I get either chocolate or food lol

So in an effort to jumpstart a diet (I'm going to try the Carboholics Diet) and after hearing all the good things about this "cleanse" and how it can heal your digestive system, cleanse your body, make asthma better, elminate allergies etc. etc. I'm going to try this thing called The Master Cleanse. It's more commonly referred to as the lemonade diet, the maple syrup diet etc. etc. It's the cleanse Beyonce went on before she had to do Dream Girls, and there are people out there that swear by it.

There are also people out there that think it's THE MOST dangerous way to cleanse your body and shun it. That's ok too. Some of those people I think aren't as educated about this cleanse as I think they should be before opening their big mouths but then again, lemonade made of lemons, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup, for 7 days without any food does sound a little crazy....

In any case, I'm going to give it a try and have promised to immediately stop if I feel dizzy, faint, sick, or anything like that. After all, I'm trying to HELP my body not hurt it so if something doesn't feel right, why continue it?

Yeah. So that's the plan. I could go into a lengthy detail about what this detox is but you can read for yourself here: http://themastercleanse.org/

The point of this blog was to keep track of my progress and give me someone to report to lol also I was hoping it would either motivate and help those interested in the Master Cleanse or...I could experience horrible things and tell people to stay the hell away from it! Either way....lol

So! I'm starting tomorrow with day 1, fruits and veggie day. Alexis and I are going to Trader Joes and Costco to track down all the ingredients...then I'm going to do some measurements....then tomorrow before I start my day I'll wiegh in and we'll be on our way...one day at a time.

I'm excited because:
  • It might actually help my asthma/allergies
  • If it does what it says it does, it will eliminate all that built up toxic waste in my body that stores from processed foods
  • It will jumpstart my metabolism
  • I will lose some wieght
  • I will get my energy back

I'm worried because:
  • I know detoxing and becoming sugar/caffiene free involves headaches. I hate headaches
  • I'm not exactly sure what 13 days without solid foods will do to my body
  • I'm about to start my cycle so I'm wondering how it will effect my period
  • I'm worried I won't have the will power to go all 13 days
  • I'm afraid if I do lose weight, once I eat solid foods, it will come right back...but I keep telling myself this isn't for weight loss and the book even says you will gain back half of what you lose when your body stabalizes from eating solid foods again.

So! I'll post again after shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment